MÁS RANCH STEW
1 lb Mas Ground Round
1 can Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chili’s, diced - original,
plus 4 cans of water
1 can V-8 Juice
3 TB Mrs Dash original seasoning
1 TB Onion - dehydrated
1 TB Chili powder
1 TB Sea Salt
½ package La Moderna small shell pasta
1 can Bush Pinto Beans - drained
OPTIONAL - *½ cup frozen corn, *½ cup Black Beans drained
Brown meat and drain, add Rotel, water and all spices, bring to a boil. Add pasta and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is almost done. Add beans * and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated
through. Top with shredded cheese if desired.
Makes 6 servings
Submitted by NITA TUCKER
1/2 lb. MÁS ground chuck
1 lb. lean pork, ground
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup finely chopped onion
8 oz. hunt's tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 can beer (12 oz.)
3 Tablespoons chili powder
2 Tablespoons instant beef bouillon (or 6 cubes)
2 Tablespoons cumin, ground
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons oregano leaves
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
1 teaspoon cornmeal
1 teaspoon flour
1 teaspoon warm water
1. In a large saucepan brown 1 1/4 pounds of the ground meat (the beef and the pork), drain the fat.
2. Remove meat (the beef and the pork). Brown the rest of the ground meat, drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
3. Add the garlic and onion, cook and stir until tender.
4. Add the other half of the meat and the tomato sauce, water, beer, chili powder, bouillon, cumin, paprika, oregano, sugar, coriander, cocoa, and hot sauce. Mix well.
5. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered , for 2 hours.
6. In a small bowl, stir together the cornmeal and flour, then add the warm water and mix well.
7. Stir into chili and cook, covered, for an additional 20 minutes.
Submitted by CHERI DUNLAP
MÁS Mexican Lasagna
• 1/2 lb ground beef
• 1/2 lb ground turkey
• 1/2 cup onion, chopped
• 2 cans tomato sauce (8 ounces each)
• 1 can Black Beans
• 1 can (8oz) whole kernel corn
• 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
• 2 teapsoons Chili Powder
• 1 teapsoon Cumin
• 1/4 teapsoon Garlic Powder
• 1/2 teapsoon Oregano Flakes
• 1/2 teapsoon crushed red pepper
• 6 tortillas
• 1 cup shredded cheese, divided
Brown beef, turkey and onion in large skillet. Drain off any excess fat. Drain and rinse the black beans. Mix in tomato sauce, beans, corn and green chilies. Stir in all spices, except red pepper.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add red pepper to taste, if desired.
Spray 9x13 baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup of the beef mixture on bottom. Top with three of the tortillas. Layer with half of the remaining beef mixture and top with 1/2 cup
of shredded cheese -- any variety you like. Top with remaining tortillas, followed by remaining beef mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 12 servings.
SPAGHETTI SAUCE/LASAGNA SAUCE *
1 ½ lbs. pound MÁS ground round
1 ½ lbs. Italian sausage or MÁS pork sausage (I use venison sausage when I have it)
2 large onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, pressed
5 large cans tomato paste
10 tomato paste cans water
4 tablespoons Parmesan
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
6 leaves fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 bay leaf (Remove after sauce is finished cooking)
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute the ground beef, pork and sausage until it is brown. Drain off excess fat. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth. Cook for 3 to 4 hours on
medium heat, stirring often to prevent scorching.
Full Fat Mozarella Cheese (comes in a chunk)
Lasagna Noodles (Either pre-cooked version or standard..Just follow directions on pre-cook version if using those)
Grease baking pan with spray. Start layer process with spooning sauce in a thin layer first. Then noodles, sauce, cheeses alternated until you wind up with sauce on top and then more mozzarella
and parmesan to top it all off.
Bake according to lasagna box instructions. (Pre-cooked noodles cook time is different than traditional noodles).
* I add ½ cup of balsamic vinegar or red wine as part of the water.
I add approx. Tbsp Chili powder … to your taste preference
Tomato Puree can be substituted for part of the tomato paste
I add TBSP +/- Splenda or Sugar to taste after sauce has cooked a couple hours.
DON’T BE AFRAID TO ADJUST ANY OF THE SEASONINGS TO YOUR TASTE. JUST LET SAUCE COOK A COUPLE HOURS BEFORE TWEAKING THE SEASONINGS.
Submitted by CHERI DUNLAP